This week we cooked a lot with my kids, the winter holidays are our allies and we took to cook with them, this time a delicious whole wheat apple and cinnamon teacake .
We love this teacake, if you want a quick and extremely delicious recipe here it is. I started making this recipe this year and has become an essential in my repertoire of recipes. I can accompany with a rich tea, mate or coffee, and why not, a good natural fruit juice.
When I try a quick dessert, I serve it with fresh cream, plain yogurt or cream cheese. The apple, versatile fruit, we ensure the success and cinnamon will confort any sweet or food you do.
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- Vanilla c / n
- 1/3 cup neutral oil
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (or oil)
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- orange glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- juice of 1 orange
Preheat oven to 160 º -180 or 350º-375º f.
In a large pan, melt the butter. If you do not use butter in your daily diet replace with neutral oil, add the diced apple, cinnamon and two tablespoons of sugar. Cook until the apple is cooked and liquid has separated. Reserve.
Grease and flour the mold chosen. Reserve.
Beat by hand or with the help of a blender, the 3 eggs and sugar until dissolved, add a few drops of vanilla essence, neutral oil and continue beating until well blended.
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the beaten eggs in 3 batches. Add the sauteed apples with cinnamon and butter, mix well and bring to mold previously chosen. Bake for 25 minutes, the cooking time depends on the size chosen pudding and each oven, you meet your own oven.
Check if it is cooked with brochette stick should come out dry. Remove from oven and wait a few minutes for unmold and you will be easier.
While you wait, make a glaze with powdered sugar and orange juice, simply mix these two ingredients until smooth.
Unmold the pudding and put the glase over the teacake.
If you want a more crunchy frosting with granulated sugar do, this will not dissolve and will give a different texture.
Catalina and Vittorio, my children always help us cook. In fact once a week he cooks and she helps with some side dish. In this case, Vittorio cut apples and I helped cutting more smaller; Catalina sifted flour and baking powder. I really believe in the importance of children learn to cook, how to eat better and incorporate flavors and habits forever.
- You can make puddings of different sizes, what you want and have fun
- If you do not want to put the icing, before baking you can put a few tablespoons of sugar, crushed praline, some chopped nuts. All this flavors are very good with apple and cinnamon
- Taste can change, adding another fruit instead of apple and ready
- Combinations I like: Banana with chocolate or nuts – grated carrot and sunflower seeds – Chocolate Pear
- It’s a great gift if you’re giving away home.
- Serve with tea, coffee or mate (a traditional latin american infusion).